How Great The Yield From A Fertile Field

Random musings from an old farmer about life, agriculture, and faith

Monday, February 09, 2015

Preparations

Yesterday at 2:00, we started transforming our church into a conference center for the Midwinter Elder Conference which we host this year.  The committee leads had everything planned out and the transition went smoothly.  My group removed all of the two center rows of benches in the sanctuary and set up conference tables and chairs.  Other groups prepared other rooms; small meeting rooms, hospitality, medical, office, technology, luggage, and changing rooms.  Setup went quicker than I expected and I think we are ready.
The old farmer's wife was in charge of accommodations, and I think everyone has a place to stay.  And I think that I have all of my honey-do jobs finished and our house is ready for guests.

Now it is up to the Lord to give us favorable weather and his Spirit to preside over the Elders, the Church, and the conference.

And said unto them, Ye are the chief of the fathers of the Levites: sanctify yourselves, both ye and your brethren, that ye may bring up the ark of the LordGod of Israel unto the place that I have prepared for it.
I Chronicals 15:12

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home