How Great The Yield From A Fertile Field

Random musings from an old farmer about life, agriculture, and faith

Sunday, January 19, 2014

Stormy

Stormy Kromer that is.

I asked for and received a Stormy Kromer wool hat for Christmas.  My family always makes fun of my hat choices (I have a number of unique hats) and this one is no exception.  But I have learned as I have aged that practical trumps fashion when seeking protection and warmth.
My new hat is a classic.  George "Stormy" Kromer was a semi-pro baseball player and a railroad engineer from Wisconsin.  In 1903 he had his wife, Ida sew him a custom cap that was warm and wouldn't blow off in windy weather.  Soon other railroad workers wanted a hat like he had and when Ida couldn't keep up with demand, a business was born.  So this style hat has been around a long time and has proven itself.
I am enjoying my new hat!




 God the Lord, the strength of my salvation, thou hast covered my head in the day of battle.
Psalm 140:7

1 Comments:

At 12:55 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

"Unique" is one way to describe it.... *grin*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home