How Great The Yield From A Fertile Field

Random musings from an old farmer about life, agriculture, and faith

Monday, November 11, 2013

Completed

We finished harvest before the rains started.  We received about 5 inches over the last week and a half, and it all soaked in.  I saw a coyote in the last field as we finished, but not as much wildlife this year as in some years.

Saturday we went up to Elgin to attend an unexpected funeral.  I have appreciated getting to know Larry over the years when he came down to visit his in-laws.  We were saddened by his sudden passing.  I always learned from the conversations that I had with him, and he will be missed.  We pray for his widow.
It was good to see a number of my cousins from Lester there and it was good to visit the Elgin congregation again.

I was surprised at the amount of corn still unharvested in northern Illinois.

My favorite daughter-in-law made me a pie today!  Take note daughters, you have competition!


I saw this comment under a picture that was posted on Facebook this week.  I thought it was interesting.  I paraphrase.
  "I don't see a Hymns of Zion on your piano.  I left the AC Church 20 years ago and still have my HOZ on my piano.  Still the best hymnal around!"

Therefore they shall come and sing in the height of Zion, and shall flow together to the goodness of the Lord, for wheat, and for wine, and for oil, and for the young of the flock and of the herd: and their soul shall be as a watered garden; and they shall not sorrow any more at all.
Jeremiah 31:12


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home