How Great The Yield From A Fertile Field

Random musings from an old farmer about life, agriculture, and faith

Saturday, August 10, 2013

Filled Up

Well, the wedding went off without a hitch last weekend, and the service was nice.  There was a beautiful bride (and bridesmaids), and a handsome groom (and groomsmen).  The church was full, and we were surprised and blessed by some of the people who made the effort to attend; including Ed and Peggy coming from California.  There was plenty of reception food, so we had left over wraps for several meals, and we've been eating wedding cake all week.

I've been doing double duty chores since Wednesday, as both my brother's family and our neighbor are on vacation.
This year was one of the best sweet corn years we've had in a long time.  The recent cool weather slowed maturity and prolonged the season.  We had good pollination, no raccoons, and lots of medium sized ears.  We've been eating fresh corn for several weeks now.

I was able to attend our annual church conference on Friday in Fairbury.  I drove there with Uncle Russell, and enjoyed his stories and wisdom as we traveled.  It was a blessing to be there, and there was a wonderful show of support from the brotherhood.  I appreciated the passionate exhortations from our servant leaders.  If only I could retain all that we heard!  My mind and heart were filled to overflowing.
 I've mentioned this in the past, but the spirited singing of a 1000+ voice, mostly male choir is truly an awesome sound to behold.  I saw dozens of people that I would have liked to visit with (from all over the country), but I left shortly after it was over to get home to the chores.

Without counsel purposes are disappointed: but in the multitude of counsellors they are established.
Proverbs 15:22

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home