How Great The Yield From A Fertile Field

Random musings from an old farmer about life, agriculture, and faith

Monday, June 24, 2013

Morning Rush

Storms rolled through in the early morning hours.
So I wake up and 6:18 to the sound of Son#2 getting ready for work.  This means my alarm didn't go off.  This means I overslept.  In the bathroom the light didn't work.  This means we have no power.  There was no water.  This means the generator didn't start. This means the Alarm Company didn't call to warn us.  This also means that the confinement pigs are without ventilation or water.
 I'm supposed to leave for the neighbor's farm at 6:45 to load a semi-trailer load of hogs for market.  I throw on some clothes, and head out to the hog house.  Fortunately, I was able to get the generator started manually.  Not sure why it didn't start automatically like it is supposed to.  I couldn't eat breakfast anyway, because I have to have a fasting blood test taken (new insurance) this morning at the doctors.

We got the hogs loaded.  They weren't very cooperative and the humidity that the storm brought has me soaking wet with sweat.  I rushed home and showered in the dark, and made it to my doctors appointment only 15 minutes late.

As I'm sitting in the doctor's office having my blood drawn, I asked if they could take my blood pressure, because I needed it for the insurance application also.  No, I was told, one of the nurses would have to do that and I would need to make a separate appointment!  I'm sitting in a doctor's office and I need a separate appointment just to get my blood pressure taken???
I suppose this will get better with the bureaucracy of Obama-care!?

The power did come back on before I left for the doctor, and thankfully, we didn't get the torrential rains that some areas received.

  And in very deed for this cause have I raised thee up, for to shew in thee my power; and that my name may be declared throughout all the earth.
Exodus 9:16

   
   

1 Comments:

At 3:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have Diane or Fred take it and write EMT.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home