How Great The Yield From A Fertile Field

Random musings from an old farmer about life, agriculture, and faith

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Congratulations

A week and a half ago we took my parents down to C-U to visit daughter #2 and see her house. 
Then we took the "Upper Room" out to eat at Biaggi's before attending Champaign church.  I had a lobster/mushroom/sauce combo served over black fettuccine.  Different looking, but very good.

Last Saturday night we went to Uncle Bill and Aunt Lucille's 65th anniversary celebration in Gridley.  It was good to see lots of relatives and friends that we don't see real often.  The evening consisted of good food, fellowship, memories, stories, and entertainment.  And numerous recitations of Uncle Bill jokes.

Bill was a track star in high school and was considered a one man track team.  In particular, he was an excellent high jumper.  He was asked if he remembered how high he could jump.
"Well, I don't remember exactly, but I know I could jump higher than the house!"

"Of course, the house couldn't jump!"

Pause.  Groans all around.

Anyway, Congratulations Bill and Lucille!  What an accomplishment!

We started planting corn on Tuesday afternoon, and despite a couple of minor setbacks, we had a very productive week.  We were thankful that the bad weather that had been predicted for the last half of the week never materialised.  By Saturday evening we had over half of the corn planted and I had my 75 hours in.

For by thee I have run through a troop; and by my God have I leaped over a wall.
Psalm 18:29

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home