How Great The Yield From A Fertile Field

Random musings from an old farmer about life, agriculture, and faith

Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Yogi

Yogi Berra passed away last week.  He was considered one of the greatest catchers in the history of baseball.  He spent most of his career with the New York Yankees and was an All Star 18 times and won the World Series 10 times.  After he retired as a player, he coached and managed in the Major Leagues.  He is in the Baseball Hall of Fame.  I remember reading a biography of him back in grade school.

Most people know him for his "Yogi-isms".  Here are some of my favorites.

When you come to a fork in the road, take it.

It ain’t over till it’s over.

You can observe a lot by just watching.

It’s like déjà vu all over again.

No one goes there nowadays, it’s too crowded.

Baseball is 90% mental and the other half is physical.

Always go to other people’s funerals, otherwise they won’t come to yours.

You better cut the pizza in four pieces because I’m not hungry enough to eat six.

 I usually take a two-hour nap from one to four.

Never answer an anonymous letter.

 The future ain’t what it used to be.

It gets late early out here.

 Pair up in threes.

Why buy good luggage, you only use it when you travel.

You’ve got to be very careful if you don’t know where you are going, because you might not get there.

He hits from both sides of the plate. He’s amphibious.

It was impossible to get a conversation going, everybody was talking too much.

 I’m not going to buy my kids an encyclopedia. Let them walk to school like I did.

 I never said most of the things I said.

 It ain’t the heat, it’s the humility.

So I’m ugly. I never saw anyone hit with his face.

Little League baseball is a very good thing because it keeps the parents off the streets.

 If the world were perfect, it wouldn’t be.

And this I say, lest any man should beguile you with enticing words.
Colossians 2:4

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home