How Great The Yield From A Fertile Field

Random musings from an old farmer about life, agriculture, and faith

Friday, May 14, 2010

Leak

I was in the farmyard scooping up a pile of spilled corn that had gotten rained on and was rotting, when my cell phone rang. It was my daughter calling from the basement excitedly telling me that there was a water pipe that was spraying water all over. "There's a blue knob, but I don't know which way to turn it!"
I mounted my white steed and rode on up to the house in my shining armor, ready to save the day.

Well, maybe I strolled up to the house in my dirty work shoes.

Down in the utility room, water was running across the floor and everything that was on the floor (rugs, laundry, etc.) was soaking wet. How was I greeted? "You stink!"
Yes, I had the smell of wet rotting corn on my shoes.
Anyway, I shut off the water valve and stopped the flow from the culprit pipe that had corroded through. I collected my tools and started disassembly. After searching our shop for the fitting needed, I realized I would be making a trip to town. After all, what is a plumbing project without at least one trip to the hardware store? Thanks to the helpful hardware man at Ace, I was in and out of the store in minutes and back home to face the task. It took some filing and fitting work in the shop to get the new fitting to work with the old fitting and pipes, but I got it put back together again, and the repairs don't leak.
And the water is back on.

He brought streams also out of the rock, and caused waters to run down like rivers.
Psalm 78:16

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home