How Great The Yield From A Fertile Field

Random musings from an old farmer about life, agriculture, and faith

Monday, December 01, 2008

I wasn't ready

. . . for the snow.

Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.
Matthew 24:44

It was beautiful, but I hadn't been paying attention to the weather forecast at all. So when I woke up Sunday morning to a winter wonderland I was surprised! Then I heard the prediction of 3-5 inches. It snowed off and on all day, then I was surprised by the blizzard-like conditions Monday morning. School was cancelled. The snow plow hadn't cleared our road. I had to pull my daughter out of the ditch once and a snow drift once when she attempted twice to get to work before the plow finally came.

We weren't ready for snow. Our tillage work wasn't finished. Our machinery wasn't put away for the winter. Our loader tractor has a bad clutch which makes it difficult to clear the snow around the farmyard.

But winter came. We'll adapt. It was beautiful.

He hath made every thing beautiful in his time: also he hath set the world in their heart, so that no man can find out the work that God maketh from the beginning to the end.
Ecclesiastes 3:11

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home