How Great The Yield From A Fertile Field

Random musings from an old farmer about life, agriculture, and faith

Monday, April 28, 2008

Still Winter?

We had a little bit of everything today weather wise! We had clouds and sun, and I saw snow flurries, sleet, hail, and rain. How confusing is that on April 28? I guess the best place for our seed corn right now is in the bag, and not in the field. The seed in the small field that we planted last week probably isn't doing much growing. And it's supposed to freeze tonight.

The women in the house were complaining about being cold again. So I had to relight the pilot light on the furnace so we could start it up again. It was starting to feel like camping weather in the house again.

The old farmer and the wife of his youth drove down to Champaign tonight and took the "Saltshaker" boys out for supper. We had a nice meal at T.G.I. Friday's. We stopped at Barnes & Noble first to do a little shopping. It's hard for me to leave that store - I need a minimum of an hour in there.

Behold that which I have seen: it is good and comely for one to eat and to drink, and to enjoy the good of all his labour that he taketh under the sun all the days of his life, which God giveth him: for it is his portion. Ecclesiastes 5:18

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home