How Great The Yield From A Fertile Field

Random musings from an old farmer about life, agriculture, and faith

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Lavender

"Dad, you're reading a book with a lavender cover!"

"Yes I am," I defensively (and a little sheepishly) replied. "I am reading a romance novel."
I was reading Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen. It is probably only the second romance novel that I have ever read. The other, Pride and Prejudice, also by Jane, is my favorite of the two. Now, in every Louis L'Amour book there is a pretty girl, and at the end of the book the guy always gets the girl. But I wouldn't at all call them romance novels! Over the years, I have read a lot of books - mostly outdoor adventures, spiritual, history, or reference. So I guess about every ten or fifteen years I don't mind reading a classic romance novel. The old farmer bought his lovely wife a Jane Austen collection of seven novels for her birthday, so maybe in another 50 years I will have read them all. I'll rank them then.

3 Comments:

At 9:48 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

hahahaha...

sorry.

but it's really funny. :D

 
At 7:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You bought her Jane Austin books for her birthday? Did she want them or something?

 
At 9:57 PM, Blogger Old Farmer said...

I thought she needed them :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home