How Great The Yield From A Fertile Field

Random musings from an old farmer about life, agriculture, and faith

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Weather report

We have received 4.5 inches of rain in the last 5 days. Everything is wet, everything is soggy, but everything is a very healthy green. The grass and weeds are growing better now than they were in June and July. The days are a little cooler, the nights a lot cooler, and I saw the first hint of a soybean field starting to "turn". The apples are maturing and we hope to make some cider soon. Students are back in school(less help on the farm). Summer is coming to an end.

3 Comments:

At 11:53 PM, Blogger Mike said...

True...I hate to see it go but I love to see the next season coming! I like change...

 
At 1:57 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

Save me some cider!

 
At 9:31 AM, Blogger Heidi said...

I've never had homemade cider. And I don't want summer to end!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home