How Great The Yield From A Fertile Field

Random musings from an old farmer about life, agriculture, and faith

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

I Stink

I smell really bad tonight! My family told me so in no uncertain terms! This morning we sorted market hogs from a hoop building, getting my clothes splattered in the process. I sweat all day working outside in this heat, thus my clothes were wet from the inside out. I climbed inside our soybean meal bin to scoop humidity caked meal. I had ground feed rain on me from an overhead auger(and you wondered why farmers always wear hats). We unrolled 6 round bales of straw in the new hoop. And we moved 280 nursury pigs to the new hoop this evening after supper. I smell really bad like sweat, feed, and manure. I'm looking foward to and am thankful for a hot shower.

So is my family. :)

4 Comments:

At 11:06 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

lovely. actually I hadn't noticed. :)

 
At 11:48 PM, Blogger Luke said...

I wondered what that smell was...

:)

 
At 6:45 PM, Blogger Mike said...

Did you post while you still smelled? That could be why they are complaining!:D

 
At 10:27 PM, Blogger Old Farmer said...

Yea, I was like fourth in line for the shower, so I had some time to kill.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home