How Great The Yield From A Fertile Field

Random musings from an old farmer about life, agriculture, and faith

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Sunday School

Sunday morning I taught my last Sunday School lesson of my term, and I finished my term as superintendant. A sigh of relief is heard. We had a good year with lots of activities, good students, and I had good co-teachers. I really enjoyed working with this group of young adults and I appreciate the participation, respect, and support we received from them. Teaching Sunday School has been a blessing even though it requires a lot of time, effort, study,preparation, and discipline. And those are really all positives. Its been good for an old farmer because it makes you seek the spiritual needs, life trials, heart needs, and insecurities of teenagers, and then try in some small way to guide and teach them using what age and experience has taught you. And I emphasize "in some small way". I pray that God will bless each student.

Remember now thy Creator in the days of thy youth, while the evil days come not, nor the years draw nigh, when thou shalt say, I have no pleasure in them; (Eccl. 12:1)

4 Comments:

At 12:48 AM, Blogger Jenny said...

not everyone had a sunday school teacher who knows about blogs, facebook, myspace, etc. :)

I wish I could have seen their faces when you had that lesson.

 
At 9:02 AM, Blogger Luke said...

I agree with Jenny. :)

 
At 6:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 2:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home