How Great The Yield From A Fertile Field

Random musings from an old farmer about life, agriculture, and faith

Friday, December 22, 2023

While Waiting for Christmas

Every year starting the end of August, the Christmas catalogs start showing up in the mailbox.  The frequency increases as each month rolls by.  Some days there will be a half dozen of them.  Most of them go directly to recycle, but I do like to browse some of them.  In the past I have posted my favorite T-shirt sayings from the catalogs.  I have another bunch I would like to share.

"Normal" isn't coming back.  Jesus is. 

The devil saw me with my head down and thought he won.  Until I said Amen.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you.  Jesus Christ and the American Veteran.  One died for your soul and the other for your freedom.

My people skills are just fine.  It's my tolerance for idiots that needs work.

If I said I'll fix it, there's no need to remind me every six months.

I would rather stand with God and be judged by the world, than stand with the world and be judged by God.

I don't know how to act my age - I've never been this old before.

Faith is like Wi-Fi.  It's invisible, but it has the power to connect you to what you need.

It's weird being the same age as old people.

Sawdust is man glitter.

Duct tape.  It can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

I asked God to make me a better man.  He sent me my wife.

Being a Dad is an honor.  Being a Grandpa is priceless.

I'm finally old enough to do anything I want.  But too tired to actually do it.

He who kneels before God can stand before anyone.

If you stay silent in this war between good and evil, your life will be easier.  But your children's won't.

The devil whispered in my ear, "you're not strong enough to withstand the storm".  Today I whispered in the devils ear, "I am a child of God, a man of Faith, a warrior of Christ.  I am the storm."

At this point, Jesus doesn't need to take the wheel.  He needs to pull over and spank some of y'all with his sandal.

We had our big family Christmas last weekend, and tomorrow we have another one to start Christmas weekend.  After a couple last minute shopping trips, I think I am ready.  Our house will be full to overflowing, but it will be a blessing.  We hope everyone stays healthy and can be here. 

And so it was, that, while they were there, the days were accomplished that she should be delivered.

7And she brought forth her firstborn son, and wrapped him in swaddling clothes, and laid him in a manger; because there was no room for them in the inn.               Luke 2:6,7


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home