How Great The Yield From A Fertile Field

Random musings from an old farmer about life, agriculture, and faith

Friday, September 19, 2014

Late Night Freedom

It was about 10:25 P.M. and I had just stepped out of the basement shower.  I heard Trent pull in the driveway with the tractor and chisel plow.  Wearing only my towel, I was walking through the kitchen on my way upstairs when I heard a knock on the door.  It was Trent and he noticed in the tractor headlights pigs roaming around the farmyard.  I threw on some clothes and went out to investigate where they had come from.  A gate was forced open on the North end of one of our hoop buildings.  We positioned a couple of tractors so that their headlights lit up the area, and then set up some gates to corral and funnel the pigs.

There must have been close to a hundred of them out, exploring in the darkness.

My brother hustled down, and the three of us started roaming around the buildings, the field, and farmyard in the dark with sorting panels and flashlights.  It took about three rounds, but we had them all in and the gate secured by 11:00.

Back in the house, I had to clean up again (I was sweating) before I could finally head up to bed.

And the old farmer's wife slept through all the commotion.

Gird up thy loins now like a man: I will demand of thee, and declare thou unto me.
Job 40:7

2 Comments:

At 11:27 PM, Anonymous troy said...

yea I slept threw it too, no 1 told me. o well maybe next time

 
At 4:48 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

oh my word father. *eyeroll* TMI.
:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home