How Great The Yield From A Fertile Field

Random musings from an old farmer about life, agriculture, and faith

Friday, June 13, 2014

This Old House

Last Saturday we finally planted soybeans on the pipeline right-of-way.  They got the black dirt pushed over it, leveled it, and tilled it, and they gave us the go ahead to plant.

It was going to rain Saturday afternoon, so we unhooked the planter and parked it in its designated spot in the shed.  Then we unhooked the field cultivator and crumbler and parked them in their spots, then the tractors.  I had pulled the combine out for the rearranging, but pulled it in the shop rather than putting it back in the shed.  In a couple of weeks we will need to get it ready for wheat harvest.
Monday morning I walked into the shop and heard meowing coming from the combine.  Apparently, a cat had a litter of kittens in the sump hole of the grain tank and wasn't with them when I moved it into the shop.  I found two kittens and put them back in the shed and the mother claimed them.  In the afternoon, I walked into the shop and heard more kittens!  I found two more in the grain tank and moved them into the shed, where again the mother claimed them.  I thought that was all, but Tuesday morning I found another kitten and returned it to the shed.  My Brother's family adopted that one.

We did enjoy some nice rains this past week and the crops are looking very good and growing fast.

We have been spending most of our spare time this week at M & N's house in Goodfield, getting it ready for them to move into.  Lots of patching, cleaning, painting, and fixing is happening.  It's an old house, but fully remodeled and has lots of space.

I have no pictures, because my camera went to Alaska with Son #2 and Ned.
I'm only slightly jealous.

And he said, Come in, thou blessed of the Lord; wherefore standest thou without? for I have prepared the house, and room for the camels.
Genesis 24:31

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home