How Great The Yield From A Fertile Field

Random musings from an old farmer about life, agriculture, and faith

Sunday, June 17, 2012

YG

Friday evening we had the young group in for a singing.  After an hour of singing, we set up an assembly line in our kitchen and had them package rice pilaf soup packets for World Relief.  Even though the turnout was a little light, they filled 425 packages in about 45 minutes.  And they seemed to enjoy themselves in the process.




Today, Father's Day, Uncle Russell and Ken and Lora were in church, so it was good to visit with them.  After church, we went on the Tour of Homes in Peoria area.  We enjoyed looking at the designs, styles, and furnishings of several very nice new homes.  Afterwards, we met family at Olive Garden for supper, and for once I got to buy my father a meal.  I'll never be able to repay my parents for all they have done for me in my life, so it was a very small token of appreciation.

That he may incline our hearts unto him, to walk in all his ways, and to keep his commandments, and his statutes, and his judgments, which he commanded our fathers.
I Kings 8:58

1 Comments:

At 2:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to catch up. Missing you all. Enjoy the blog. love, k.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home