How Great The Yield From A Fertile Field

Random musings from an old farmer about life, agriculture, and faith

Monday, June 16, 2008

Skunk?

In one of machine sheds, we have spot where we store bags of non-burnable garbage until we haul it to the dump. We believe by the smell that we have a skunk living behind or somewhere near the garbage. We have been smelling it for several weeks now, so I decided to use a live trap to see if I could catch it. Four days in a row we have baited the trap with dog food, and four days in a row we have caught an opossum! We have caught big Daddy (or big Mommy - I didn't check for sure) and three teenagers (one pictured below). But still no skunk! We will keep trying and will let you know if we catch it. I'm not sure though what we will do with it if we do catch it.



The snare is laid for him in the ground, and a trap for him in the way.
Job 18:10

1 Comments:

At 9:02 AM, Blogger Jenny said...

chances are we will catch it while you are gone... and you won't have to deal with it.

I'm sure it will be dispatched in a similar manner to the opossums. ick. I hope I'm not around.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home