How Great The Yield From A Fertile Field

Random musings from an old farmer about life, agriculture, and faith

Monday, June 11, 2007

Quick Trips

The old farmer made a couple of quick trips in the last week. It was almost like back in my younger days . . . but not quite. On Wednesday night I drove to Bloomfield, IA, and delivered some seed corn because they had to do some replanting. I spent the night, then Thursday morning I headed up to Des Moines to attend the World Pork Expo at the Iowa State Fairgrounds. And yes, it is big time! It is good to meet hog farmers and exhibitors that I have met from throughout the Midwest over the years. There is lots of free food( all pork of course!), lots of exhibits, lots of new products, and educational seminars. I drove home Thursday night. On Saturday night we drove out to Fort Wayne(Leo), Indiana for my niece's graduation party. We got to their house at 2:30 Sunday morning - kinda late for us old folks to be out. The party was Sunday afternoon. We had a nice day and came home on Monday. Illinois has the most consistently good crops. Iowa is behind us and wet, and Indiana is behind us and dry.

2 Comments:

At 8:47 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

You forgot to mention that you played Wii.

 
At 9:15 PM, Blogger Old Farmer said...

Yup, tennis and bowling. I also ate four bowls of Oreos & Ice Cream Dippin' Dots.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home